PAC Therapy is funded by
PAC is a registered charity based in Carlisle, Cumbria that provides free counselling and therapy for children and young people. Sessions can be either talking therapy or non-verbal therapy. We offer psychodynamic therapy in art, drama, dance/movement and equine therapy. We also offer, where appropriate, group therapy sessions. The sessions are confidential and held weekly at PAC’s offices in Carlisle city centre and the amount of therapy sessions will vary based on the client’s needs.
All of the PAC therapists are professionally qualified and accredited, receive regular managerial supervision and undertake independent clinical supervision to ensure the highest standards of professionalism and care.
We accept referrals from parents, carers and professionals or young people can refer themselves. We work with anyone aged 7 to 19 years old. This is extended up to age 25 if the young person is leaving care or has a learning difficulty or disability.
We see ourselves as working with people not problems but below is a list of the types of things that we work with in session.
- Self harm
- Attachment or relationship problems
- Grief and loss
- Neglect/physical/sexual/emotional abuse
- Family break up and divorce
- Witnessing domestic violence
- Feeling anxious
- Low mood
- Eating disorders
- Hearing Voices
- Feeling suicidal
- Low self esteem
- Gender identity or sexuality
- Problems with drugs or alcohol
People who access therapy and counselling experience a range of benefits. These include:-
- More motivation
- A better understanding of emotions and how to manage them
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Getting more out of education and training
- Making sense of things that happened in the past
- Improved home life and relationships
- Feeling happier and more positive
Making a referral
If you, or someone you know, would like our help please call us on 01228 533874 or use the contact form here.
We are kindly funded by Children in Need, Comic Relief, Cumbria County Council, Open Awards, Masonic Charitable Foundation, E.C. Graham and Francis C. Scott Charitable Trust.